Monday, November 30, 2009

Got a question? Text it to 542542 (kgbkgb)



kgb's special agents are real people who will provide quick, accurate responses to any question via text messaging. And if you don't know how to text...guess what? They will train you.

I have to admit that when I first heard about this, I thought the questions that would be asked would all be silly, but when I went to their site http://542542.com/, I saw that people actually ask some big questions. Yes, some of them are silly also, and yes, I was amused. Here are a couple of examples:


What is the name of the treaty addressing nuclear proliferation?
It is the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, and is between the United States, Russia, United Kingdom, France, and China.


What are two roles of the Chief Justice?
1. Conducts foreign policy by directing the actions of American ambassadors.
2. Signs treaties and trade agreements with leaders of other nations.

What is the code to unlock all songs for Guitar Hero Three Legends of Rock for PS2?
Letters=colors and parentheses=chords. From the cheat menu enter: (YO) (RB) (RO) (GB) (RY) (YO) (RY) (RB) (GY) (GY) (YB) (YB) (YO) (YO) (YB)YR(RY)RYO.

It seems a little strange to me that people don't just do this research on their own, but I guess that wouldn't be as instant. I am picturing a group of people having a get together, arguing about something, making a bet, and employing the services of kgb kgb to prove who wins. I have recent memories of being in a group and making a bet about when the Big Dipper shows up in the night sky. We were camping and so it took us a couple of days to prove who was right. Now I could make a bet, win, and get paid right away. Come to think of it...I still haven't gotten the money for that one. Where was kgb kgb then?

On a more serious note, I was impressed that the "agents" refer the person asking the question to consult additional sources when answering medical questions. I prefer to do the research on my own, but if this gets people learning about new things in a fashion that is easy to use, I feel it's better than not knowing at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment